Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Let's Begin at the Beginning.


This all started quite innocently enough. I had an album full of Polaroids (the digital camera of the '60s), and Argus 75 square prints- both black and white, and color- of Margaret. A very young Margaret. The featured image, from an original Polaroid print, in fact, shows a Margaret young enough that had that bikini top slipped, I probably could have been arrested. But let's not go there now.  Her grown children wouldn't approve.

Anyway, I wanted to get digital files of these images, so I scanned them, and cleaned up the dust and mold spots, and left them in a folder on the computer. That's how I got the above image, which is also used as the image in the blog title.  That, I thought, would be the end of it.

It was later, as I began to go through several decades worth of black and white negatives and prints that I got the idea to see what could be done with the plethora of editing tools that reside on my hard drive. That's where we'll go in future posts.  This could prove to get real interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment